Ways to set S.M.A.R.T goals, and crush them

1. Begin with the end in mind..

What is your end goal, what result would you like to achieve? Get specific! For example, I was to say I want to save my money to get a new car but I have no idea what kind of car I want or how much money I need to save to get this car, no specific. GET SPECIFIC!!

2. Determine a timeline

Is it possible to achieve this goal in the timeline? Let use our example of the car from above. If I'm only giving myself 1 month to save up for a car, chances are I'm not going to be setting myself up for success to achieve my goal.

3. Work backwards

Well not actually backward ( haha ) but once you've come up with your goal, set an end date and then break it down, simplify it! figure out what you need to do every month, and then every week, and then even every day! Simplicity is key

4. Write it down

Write it down, hold yourself accountable!

5. Get physical

Print out a picture, write it on your vision boards, make it your background on your phone or computer. Put it somewhere so you can see it every day. Little subconscious constant reminders!

6. Talk about it!

Get passionate about your goals, talk about them with your coach, mentors, family, and friends!

Comments

  1. Setting S.M.A.R.T goals is a personal life making goal you are setting up for yourself so that you can feel good about what you have accomplished, rather its personal, academic or professional. You have to figure out what you want, why you want it, and what I am going to get out of it. Having a strong self discipline, a consistent mind set and a heart that is motivational will get you where you want to be in life. That is my definition of how to accomplish your S.M.A.R.T goals. Me, personally have to write a list of goals down, give myself a time (date) limit and become more dedicated. Sometimes I intent to talk to myself which is helpful, looking at the love ones around me to keep motivated, staying positive and love unconditionally are great benefits to have into reaching your goals. Sincerely, Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts