RoCoco Intern Experience

I remember my first day at RoCoco like it was yesterday. I was feeling excited, anxious, overwhelmed, and intimidated. I had never had an internship or worked in a professional setting before. All my anxiety soon disappeared, thanks to the kindness and patience of my two bosses, Becky and Monica. They were very welcoming and made me feel comfortable in my new position. If I had questions, they answered them. If I needed help, they gave me a hand. If I was struggling, they took the time to figure out what was wrong. Since day one, I felt like I was part of the team. And that is exactly what RoCoco is, a team. The employees support and push one another to reach their goals.

I learned several tangible and soft skills while interning at RoCoco. I learned how to enter compliance data, check-in interviewees, review resumes, conduct phone interviews, and write social media campaigns. These tangible skills are all quite important, but the soft skills I gained are indispensable. I became a better interpersonal communicator, I learned how to conduct myself in a professional manner,  I learned how to self-motivate, and I became more patience as well as responsible. I will forever carry these skills with me in my professional and personal life.

I enjoyed the majority of my tasks and assignments at RoCoco, so it is difficult to pick a favorite. If I had to choose my top three, one would be the opportunity to help plan the Annual Charity Christmas Party. We rented out the top floor of a local establishment and wore ugly sweaters to raise money for Operation Smile. A second, was when I wrote the company newsletter for the month of March. I enjoyed talking with employees to create interesting ideas and generate stories for the letter. And a third favorite assignment, was when I attended the UWM Career Fair and got to meet several new applicants face-to-face. It was a fast-paced and fun way to talk with a lot of great potential employees.

I am sad to leave the RoCoco team, but I am incredibly grateful for my experience. It helped mold me into the professional woman that I am today. I will continue to find ways to challenge my self and increase my skillset. I am very hopeful for my future and excited for the opportunities to come. I'm also hopeful for RoCoco's future. With their strong team, I know they will continue to do fantastic work. I wish every employee the best with their future endeavors.  

- Madison Baumgart, UWM Graduate 2018. 





Comments

Popular Posts